Wednesday, May 6, 2009

yarn shopping

OK...here's the scoop. I went yarn shopping today at Hobby Lobby for the first time. I ended up there since the JoAnn's near my house closed and Michael's didnt have what I was looking for. Oddly enough, there are not a lot of places close (within 10 or 15 minutes) to me that have a nice selection of brands and colors. Since I graduated from using Red Heart's original yarns, Ive stopped going to Wal-Mart for yarn. They do sell Vanna's Choice which I like a lot but not all of the colors are available. I digress back to my original point...I went to Hobby Lobby which is 25 miles from my house and was pleasantly surprised at the selection and variation of yarn. I picked up three skeins of an inexpensive acrylic called "I Love This Yarn" which is unbelievably soft. A lady that was buying the same yarn said she loves it because it washes and drys very well, doesnt fade and remains soft. She said it would be perfect for the baby blanket that Im starting on tomorrow.This just might be my new go to brand when I need something inexpensive. $2.79 for 7 ounces.

Im enjoying finding and working with various types of yarns that Ive never tried before. Im a little embarrassed to say I never realized there are sooooooo many options!! I'll be sure to post a picture of the blanket when Im done or maybe even half way. I guess I should go to sleep now so I can wake up early and get started!

....TOOTLES

No comments: